Here are the five steps to take when prioritizing a call with SymptomScreen:
- Select the guide(s) matching the symptom or symptoms reported by the caller.
- Ask the screening questions listed, starting with the first question and moving down one question at a time. Select the first question to which the caller says yes or maybe or I don’t know, then stop asking the questions.
- Take the action listed in the instructions that appear.
- If your organization is using SymptomScreen to document your screening, press Copy and paste the screening summary into the patient’s record, message, or appointment.
- When done with the call, press Start Over.